Florida Blue and its affiliate, Florida Blue HMO (Health Options, Inc) has brought it to our attention that they are changing their chiropractic managing company to American Specialty Health Group, Inc (ASH) as ofApril 1, 2015 for the following Florida Blue Plans:
– Network Blue (BlueOptions)
– Health Options, Inc (BlueCare HMO)
– Medicare Advantage (BlueMedicare HMO)
– Medicare Advantage (BlueMedicare PPO)
– Miami-Dade Blue
We have been in contact with ASH over the last few months trying to nail down exactly what changes they are making. From what we can figure out, here are the important changes they have made:
– 5 visits per year with no questions asked. After the 5th visit, your case has to be reviewed by a Doctor that works with ASH and any future visits must be authorized.
– 45 and 60 minute massages have been eliminated. The maximum massage length covered is 30 minutes and 15 minutes if you also see the Doctor.
– Wellness/Maintenance Care is no longer covered.
Once again, this is BCBS/ASH making these changes, not Pathway Wellness. If you have any questions about the changes to your chiropractic services, please do not hesitate to call or come by the office and we will try and answer any questions you may have. However, working with ASH is new for us as well so we may not have all the answers yet. But, we will do what we can to make this transition as smooth as possible.